Sunday, August 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

So now that I have canned chicken in my pantry I can't seem to wait to use it. Even though I don't ever entertain I still love making dips and appetizers. My husband like to think of himself of a hot wing connoisseur. So if I can make something that is buffalo chicken inspired that he will eat I feel pretty darn tootin' proud of myself. And if I can do it in the crockpot....forget about it.

Texas Pete

1 jar, 1 1/2 cups shredded, or if you have to...store bought in a can....(eeeeeeeeewwwwwww) chicken.
1 block cream cheese (I use fat free, gotta do what I can)\
1/2 cup, or more if you want, ranch dressing. Or bleu cheese, which is the proper way. I keep hubby happy though with ranch.
Hot sauce. Totally varies on your taste. I like to use a whole small jar of Texas Pete. This is a total preference thing. Like wine. Or beer. Texas Pete was a new thing to me when I first moved to North Carolina. Am I glad we ever met,

Throw it all in the crock pot. Let 'er rip on low until all melty. Serve with tortilla chips (Scoops rock for this very purpose) or crackers. Try not to eat the whole bowl in one sitting, lest you deal with the mean heartburn monster.

 The wonders of canned chicken...they never cease to amaze me.

3 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry! Sounds super yummy! :) What time should I come over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over...I'd love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. Ya'll can come over here. You will just have to excuse the 102 degrees. LOL

    ReplyDelete