Thursday, July 14, 2011

Homemade Diswasher Soap

***Disclaimer*** This is a lot like White Castle...you love it or hate it. Luckily for me I love both. Must be my tight-wad taste. Mmmmmm....White Castle......Nasty little slider goodness....

White Castle Slyders

Anyways...the point of the story is if it works for you, awesome! If it doesn't I apologize, go get you some sliders and it will be all better.

So if you have the ingredients left from making laundry soap you are in luck, because you are going to use the most of the same things. Let's start with a small batch, that way you can try it in your dishwasher and see if it works.

1 cup Borax
1 cup washing soda (again...NOT baking soda!)
Lemon Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, any kind of lemon drink pack that has citric acid. I used 2 of the Walmart   brand individual drink packets for this size.

Aaaaaaand...that's it! I put mine in  glass mason jar and mixed it all together. I use vinegar in the rinse agent container thingy. I swear, I have the worst diswasher in the hisory of mankind. It is disgusting. There are years of other people nastiness stuck in it, I swear. My dishes used to come out dirtier than when I put them in. Since I started using this though, sparkly and squeaky clean!

Happy cleaning! Cheers! Now...where is the closest White Castle.....

1 comment:

  1. White Castle!! Wiw, talk about a blast from the past! We grew up with White Castle---but it was planted dead center in one of the worst areas in Brooklyn! We would brave the parking lot and talk through bullet proof glass, but them belly bombers were worth the trip---at first anyway! A few hours later was a different story---yet we went back??? What was wrong with us!
    Anyway...frugality is an awesome thing. Wish i could use this "recipe" but we have a VERY old fashioned dish washer---it's called "having a lot of kids"!

    ReplyDelete