Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Small Space Container Gardening

I love gardening. I love dirt in my nails (though I admit, I bite my nails, so there is not much nail there). I even love the smell of dirt. Living in base housing though there is not much outside space. We currently live in a 4 unit townhouse, so our outside space in limited to our little patio. What's a wanna-be farmgirl to do?



Why, container gardening of course! I had tons of luck last season, so I planned on doing lots more this year. I am using big Rubbermaid containers and some other big tubs and buckets I got from WalMart for 5 dollars a piece. Cheaper than flower pots!


 Tomatoes, green beans, peppers, salad greens...oh my!



Basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. There was cilantro, but the mutant squirrels got it. That story is a whole post in itself.

I can't wait to start getting some veggies! They are coming though! Then....let the canning begin!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the smaller containers nestled in that darling shelf! This is my first attempt at container gardening. I think my containers are a tad large 0_0...but at least I will have plenty of soil to put into the raised beds I hope to have made up this fall! Enjoy the fruit of your labor. Your blog is quite adorable! May I ask how you were able to acquire your script font?? Oh and I "found" you via MaryJanes Farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My containers are pretty big too, but I use papers and boxes in the bottoms so I: a. don't hae to use too much dirt and b. it makes them easier to move. I got the text in the design tool of blogger, but I am still trying to learn all of this so I couldn't really explain more! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete